Monday, April 18, 2011

Easter Ideas


I love decorating for Easter! This is my favorite Easter sign because I love chocolate.
It's easy to make too. It's a 12"x12" board that I routed and then painted blue.

Next I applied the vinyl. I love adding handles to signs! So the next step is to drill holes in and then tie the ribbon around the sign and the handle. I like using wired ribbon in situations like these because it is easy to manipulate the bow.




A couple of years ago when I saw this idea for Easter baskets I knew I had to make them.


These are just the metal buckets that you buy from Home Depot or Lowe's in their paint department. You need 3-4 coats of spray paint and then a little vinyl sticker. But why stop there? We added a little bling to girls' buckets, a few flowers and ribbon.

I realize there are limits to what you can do with ribbon, and so I used the twine around my son's bucket.


By the time that I bought 3 different colors of spray paint I felt like the cost of the project was adding up a little bit, but my sister had a great idea to check at Wal-Mart and Target in their garden departments for color buckets. They are a little smaller, but come already in cute spring colors! I hope you have a happy Easter.

1 comment: