Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Halloween Dinner Fun



I absolutely love Halloween. Today I went grocery shopping for items for a Halloween dinner and I got a little carried away. I ended up with enough stuff for two dinners. So we had a fun Halloween themed dinner tonight and then on Halloween we will have another dinner.

While I was at Fry's though I picked up some nice plastic orange plates for $1.00 each. When I got home I had each of my kids pick out a pumpkin face and we put a vinyl face on to make a jack-o-lantern. And yes I did wash them after I put the vinyl on before we used them. So easy, so fun, and we can use them again.




For our cups I just used paper cups and put black vinyl on for ghost eyes and served milk. I was originally planning on using our glass cups which are much bigger so the eyes on these are a little big... I first saw this idea on pinterest. http://www.tastespotting.com/detail/4596 It would also be cute to do a pumpkin face and serve orange soda, but I wanted to go a little healthier than soda so we did the ghosts.


For the food we just did kid friendly familiar foods. We had everyone make their own "Monster Pizza". Everyone made their own face on a whole wheat English muffin.



We also had "monster chompers", apples that are cut in quarters with a sliver cut out of the middle with almond slices. I've never seen apple slices disappear so quickly at my house before. I guess I need to spruce up our afternoon snacks.



And of course for dessert tonight we went with the classic graveyard pudding.

While I don't know that we had one brand new idea at our dinner it sure is fun to mix and match ideas and make your own fun Halloween for your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment